- Wrote and timed my script, making sure it was under 90 seconds
- Recorded the sound track on garage band (I did that in my closet with the doors closed and my bedroom door closed, using a regular i-Phone microphone)
- Uploaded the sound track onto i-Movie
- Researched free images and photographs to accompany the script (noting on my script which would go where).
- Added images
- Added transitions
- Researched music which I found on garage band. Uploaded that to the i-Movie track
And done!! The whole process took a whole day - about 12 hours!!! And took lots and lots of trial and error - I had to re-record the sound three or four times because it turned out to be 30+ seconds longer when I had recorded it compared with when I read it from my script. That in itself was a pain because I had to go upstairs and into my closet each time etc. Choosing and adding the images was the funnest part, but I found it challenging getting the timing of the image with the sound right.
I'm pleased with my final product although I do realize it is quite basic compared with some of my fellow cohort members who had recorded themselves speaking and done some super cool special effects. But for my first time I think it is clear, well-written, well-narrated and gets the point I wanted to get across, across.
What do you think? (Please be kind!! ;) )